- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a large sauce pan, sauté shallot in 2 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat until softened, about three minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Roughly chop.
- Combine rice with remaining tablespoon of olive oil, red wine vinegar, walnuts, cranberries, mint, and feta.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.