- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup drained roasted red pepper strips
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the broth and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over very low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice is al dente, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the rice stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the roasted peppers and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.