- Four 1/2-pound yellowtail collars
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 pound daikon, peeled and shredded
How to make this recipe
- Season the yellowtail all over with salt and let stand for 15 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler and position the rack 8 to 10 inches from the heat. Season the yellowtail collars lightly with salt and arrange skin side up on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil for about 10 minutes, until the skin is lightly charred. Flip the collars and broil for 10 minutes longer, until the meat flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the lemon juice and sugar.
- Transfer the collars to a platter and pile the daikon alongside. Drizzle some of the lemon soy sauce over the daikon and serve, passing additional lemon soy sauce at the table.