Broiled Whitefish Sandwiches
- SERVINGS: 4
It's the simple combination of fresh fish, homemade tartar sauce and a soft semolina roll that makes this sandwich at The Shoreline Restaurant so good. You can also use trout or flounder.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 7-ounce skinless whitefish fillets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 semolina rolls, split
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Combine the mayonnaise, pickle, onion, lemon juice and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the fish fillets on a broiler pan and brush with the butter. Sprinkle with the dill, paprika, salt and pepper. Broil until the fish is golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Spread the tartar sauce on the tops and bottoms of the roll, top with a lettuce leaf and tomato slice and serve.