Broiled Tomatoes with Goat Cheese and Fennel Pollen
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 small round tomatoes, halved crosswise, or 4 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 4-ounce log mild goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Fennel pollen, for dusting
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the tomatoes, cut side up, in a broiler pan. Drizzle each tomato half with 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sizzling and browned. Remove from the oven and top each tomato half with a slice of goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of fennel pollen. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the goat cheese is golden. Transfer the tomatoes to a platter with a spatula and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.