- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Four 5-ounce skinless striped bass fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Stir-Fried Asparagus
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic and red pepper. In a saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Pour the hot oil over the scallion mixture and stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce and salt.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the fillets on both sides with some of the scallion oil. Arrange on a broiler pan skinned side down; broil until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the fillets to plates; spoon some scallion oil on top. Serve with the Stir-Fried Asparagus.
Try an Alsatian Pinot Gris.