- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Four 5-ounce skinless striped bass fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Stir-Fried Asparagus
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic and red pepper. In a saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Pour the hot oil over the scallion mixture and stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce and salt.
Preheat the broiler. Brush the fillets on both sides with some of the scallion oil. Arrange on a broiler pan skinned side down; broil until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the fillets to plates; spoon some scallion oil on top. Serve with the Stir-Fried Asparagus.
Try an Alsatian Pinot Gris.