- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for brushing the baking sheet
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 eggplant (1- to 1 1/2-pounds)
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add 4 tablespoons of the oil and whisk until combined. Stir in the chopped mint. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons oil on both sides of the eggplant slices and transfer to the baking sheet. Broil the eggplant 5 to 6 inches from the heat until golden and cooked through, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the eggplant on a serving platter and spoon some of the mint vinaigrette over the eggplant.
The vinaigrette can be made 2 hours ahead and stored, covered, at room temperature.