- 1/4 cup miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 eggplant (1- to 1 1/2-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for oiling the baking sheet
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, rice vinegar, mirin, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and honey until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin with water as needed. Set aside.
Preheat the broiler and lightly oil a baking sheet.
Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush 2 tablespoons oil on both sides of the eggplant slices and transfer to the baking sheet. Broil the eggplant 5 to 6 inches from the heat until golden and cooked through, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes.
To serve, arrange the eggplant on a serving platter, spoon some of the ginger-miso dressing over the eggplant and garnish with the scallions.
The ginger-miso dressing can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container.