- 1/4 cup miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 eggplant (1- to 1 1/2-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for oiling the baking sheet
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, rice vinegar, mirin, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and honey until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin with water as needed. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush 2 tablespoons oil on both sides of the eggplant slices and transfer to the baking sheet. Broil the eggplant 5 to 6 inches from the heat until golden and cooked through, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the eggplant on a serving platter, spoon some of the ginger-miso dressing over the eggplant and garnish with the scallions.
The ginger-miso dressing can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container.