Broccoli with Hot Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
"At the end of the day in the restaurant, I usually want something comforting, like pizza," says chef Jeremy Sewall of Lineage in Brookline, Massachusetts. Instead, he now cooks a big batch of vegetables and pumps up their flavor by dousing them with hot sauce.
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into large florets (about 7 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, preferably Cholula or Green Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and cook, stirring frequently, until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the hot sauce over the broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat, then serve.