Broccoli with Brown Butter Crumbs
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 5 pounds broccoli, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, 1/2 stick melted
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs or panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 hard-cooked large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large pot, blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain, pat dry and transfer to a large baking dish. Toss with the melted butter, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt the remaining stick of butter. Add the bread crumbs and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and the crumbs are crisp, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the crumbs over the broccoli. Press the egg yolks through a fine sieve over the broccoli. Garnish with the parsley and serve.