- 1 large garlic clove, mashed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 very large heads of broccoli, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- Snipped chives or chive blossoms, for garnish
- On a work surface, mash the garlic with a generous pinch of salt until pasty. Scrape the garlic into a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk, yogurt and cider vinegar. Whisk in the canola oil and season the ranch dressing generously with pepper.
- In a large, deep pot, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Set the broccoli in a steamer basket and steam until bright green and crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a plate and refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until it's golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange the bacon strips on plates and top with the broccoli wedges. Drizzle with the ranch dressing, top with the Roquefort and sprinkle with chives. Serve any extra dressing on the side.
Bright, full-bodied German Riesling.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.