- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and stems and cook until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the broccoli under cold water until cooled; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the rice vinegar with the miso paste, sugar, lemon juice and grated ginger. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli and sesame seeds, toss to coat and serve.
The miso dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. The cooked and chilled broccoli can be refrigerated overnight. Toss the broccoli with the dressing and sesame seeds just before serving.