- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch lengths, thick stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, sliced 1/8 inch thick and cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, shaking off the excess water.
Wipe out the saucepan. Add the olive oil and pancetta and cook over moderately low heat, stirring often, until the pancetta is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the broccoli rabe to a bowl and serve.