Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Red Pepper
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Broccoli rabe gets a bad rap for its bitternesssuch a shame! Blanching the leafy stalks whole in boiling salted water for a few minutes mellows the flavor, and sautéing them in extra-virgin olive oil with garlic and a good pinch of crushed red pepper makes them one of the most delicious of all Italian vegetables.
- 4 pounds broccoli rabe, thick stems discarded
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until just tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook over low heat until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until hot, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.