- 4 pounds broccoli rabe, thick stems discarded
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until just tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook over low heat until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until hot, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The blanched broccoli rabe can be refrigerated overnight.