Broccoli Rabe Pesto Bruschetta
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Like other cruciferous vegetables, broccoli rabe is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, B and C. Chef Gabe Thompson turns it into a healthy, peppery pesto that's delicious on toasted bread.
- 1 cup raw, shelled pistachios (5 ounces)
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, thick stems discarded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios in a pie plate and toast for about 10 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Squeeze dry, then transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios with the garlic until coarsely chopped. Add the parsley and broccoli rabe and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and process until incorporated. Stir in the Pecorino, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.