Broccoli Cheese Dunk
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Gooey and luscious, this addictive starter is like a deconstructed broccoli quesadilla.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli—heads cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sliced provolone cheese
- Warm tortillas, for serving
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the broccoli and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is browned in spots and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spices and oregano. Season with salt and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the broccoli is tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange half of the cheese in 6 individual gratin dishes. Top with the broccoli and the remaining cheese. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned. Serve right away with warm tortillas.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.