© Stephanie Shih
- SERVINGS: makes 2 loaves
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 3/4 pound broccoli, stems peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives, such as Calamata
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound frozen bread dough, thawed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and chop.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, olives and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli; season with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll each piece of dough into a 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Spoon half of the broccoli mixture down one longer side of each rectangle, about 2 inches from the edge. Top each with half of the feta and Parmesan. Roll the dough up around the filling; fold in the sides.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until brown. Let cool slightly; then slice and serve.
NotesFor a heartier dish, roll pepperoni slices into the dough.
Serve WithServe with salad.