- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, stems peeled and heads cut into quarters
- 1/2 pound kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of 1/2 medium lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil then add the sliced shallots. Cook shallots until soft and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the kale, and continue cooking until the broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese, and almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.