Broccoli and Edamame Salad with Soy Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Blanched broccoli gets mixed with fresh edamame in this great salad, which has a delicious lemon-garlic dressing.
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns
- 1 pound frozen shelled edamame, thawed & rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 45 seconds or until bright green. Drain and place in the ice bath until fully chilled. Drain and then place in a large bowl. Stir in the edamame and bell pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss with broccoli mixture with the dressing and taste for seasoning. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.