- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, chopped
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
How to make this recipe
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the broccoli. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Divide and spread half of the cheese on 4 tortillas. Divide the broccoli between the 4 tortillas. Add a final layer of cheese and spread evenly around each tortilla, leaving space around the edges. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place a filled tortilla on the pan, and cook the tortilla for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Allow each to cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.