- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets in 3/4-inch pieces (from 1 bunch)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Arrange the bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast, turning once, until charred in spots and tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, spread the pine nuts on a pie plate and toast just until golden, about 2 minutes. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the raisins with 1 teaspoon of the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water and microwave on high power for 30 seconds, just until the raisins are plump. Let cool, then drain the raisins.
- Peel, seed and core the peppers, then cut into thin strips. Return the peppers to the bowl, stir in the mint and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli, cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Add the olive oil and the remaining 1 teaspoon of vinegar and toss. Stir in the raisins and nuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the peppers on a platter and top with the broccoli salad; serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.