Bright Lights Swiss Chard Relish
- SERVINGS: 6
This unusual relish highlights the multi-colored stems of this leafy green, which is also known as Rainbow chard.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Bright Lights chard, leaves reserved for another use, stems cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the chard stems and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion softens, about 4 minutes. Stir in the raisins, vinegar, honey and half of the mint. Cover and cook until the chard is crisp-tender, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a bowl and let cool, then mix in the remaining mint.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.