- 1 cup short-grain brown rice (or 3 1/2 cups cold cooked brown rice)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon untoasted sesame oil or peanut oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook the rice over low heat until tender, about 30 minutes; drain.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the sesame oil until shimmering. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked brown rice, vinegar and soy sauce and cook until rice is heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Push the cooked rice mixture to the sides of the skillet and add the lightly beaten eggs to the middle, stirring until cooked, 1 minute. Mix the eggs with the rice. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with soy sauce and hot sauce.
One Serving: 483 cal, 14 gm fat, 2.9 gm sat fat, 75 gm carb, 4 gm fiber, 14 gm protein.