Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes 10 breakfast biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cubed and chilled, plus more for spreading
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 10 ounces sliced country ham, for serving
- 10 ounces sliced cheddar cheese, for serving
- 10 fried eggs, for serving
- Raspberry jam, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, baking powder and baking soda. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it is the size of small peas. Add the buttermilk and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface; knead until it comes together. Pat the dough 3/4 inch thick. Using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter, stamp out as many biscuits as possible. Reroll the scraps and stamp out more biscuits.
- Transfer the biscuits to the baking sheets and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden and risen, shifting the pans halfway through baking. Let the biscuits cool.
- Split the biscuits and spread with butter. Preheat a griddle and cook the biscuits, cut side down, until golden. Fill the biscuits with ham, cheddar and fried eggs. Spread with raspberry jam, if desired. Close and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.