Bread Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
If you omit the caperberries, double the amount of capers in the salad.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups diced baguette (1/2 inch)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Calamata olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 6 caperberries, halved lengthwise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium glass baking dish, toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake the tomatoes and bread for about 10 minutes, or until the the tomato skins are just beginning to split and the bread is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, olives, capers, caperberries, basil, tomatoes and bread and toss. Serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.