- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups diced baguette (1/2 inch)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Calamata olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 6 caperberries, halved lengthwise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium glass baking dish, toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake the tomatoes and bread for about 10 minutes, or until the the tomato skins are just beginning to split and the bread is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, olives, capers, caperberries, basil, tomatoes and bread and toss. Serve at room temperature.
The salad can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours.