- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 10 drinks
Peter Hoffman keeps beehives on the roof of his apartment building in downtown Manhattan, not far from Savoy. "They're very successful foragers," he says of the bees. "They find all the flowering trees and plants on the rooftop gardens around my apartment." He uses his superior honey to sweeten this excellent South American-inspired cocktail; the only additional ingredients are muddled limes, cachaça and water.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 limes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 1/2 cups cachaça (20 ounces), chilled
- In a large pitcher, stir the honey and hot water until blended. Let cool, then add the lime wedges and muddle them. Refrigerate the mixture until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Add the cachaça and ice to the pitcher, stir well and let stand for 30 seconds. Strain into chilled martini glasses and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.