© William Meppem
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 quarts
- 1 liter well-chilled club soda
- 1/4 cup ruby port
- 1 1/2 cups amontillado sherry
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 2 chilled 750-ml bottles sparkling wine
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- Orange and lemon slices, for garnish
- In a large punch bowl, stir the lemon juice with the sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add the brandy, sherry, port, Cointreau, sparkling wine and club soda and stir gently until blended. Add the ice and garnish with the fruit.
NotesWhen making a punch, opt for affordable, high-quality wines and spirits. For the sparkling wine, try Cava from Spain. If you don't have Cointreau stocked in your bar, try using Grand Marnier or another triple sec.