© Anna Williams
Brandied Apricot Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 1/4 cups
This fruit-filled butter is wonderful on crusty bread. It's also great with warm popovers, pancakes, waffles and muffins.
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
More Brunch Recipes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cognac or other brandy
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Crusty country bread, for serving
- In a small saucepan, soak the apricots in the Cognac for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil, then carefully ignite with a long match. When the flames subside, add the brown sugar and cook over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a food processor and let cool. Add the butter and process until fairly smooth. Season the butter with salt. Scrape the apricot butter into a large ramekin and serve with crusty bread
Make AheadThe apricot butter can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.