- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium turnips (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the turnips and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth, thyme sprigs and sugar, cover and simmer over low heat until the turnips are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turnips to a bowl. Discard the thyme sprigs. Boil the pan juices over high heat until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the juices over the turnips and serve.