- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium turnips (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped tarragon
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the turnips and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth, thyme and sugar, cover and simmer over low heat until the turnips are tender, about 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turnips to a bowl. Discard the thyme sprigs.
- Boil the pan juices over high heat until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Season the turnips with salt and pepper. Pour the pan juices over the turnips, toss with tarragon and serve.