Braised Red Cabbage
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 3-pound head of red cabbage—cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil. Add the red cabbage and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until sizzling, about 3 minutes. Cover tightly and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.