Braised Pork Shoulder with Chimichurri
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolothe guys behind the Food Network show Two Dudes Cateringhave a philosophy that guides them, whether they're cooking for the X Games or for their new Los Angeles restaurant, Animal: Use a big cut of meat, preferably pork, and serve it with a killer sauce.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 5 equal pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Chimichurri sauce (see Note)
- Preheat the oven to 275°. In a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper and brown over high heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to an enameled cast-iron casserole and add the garlic, onions, thyme, bay leaf, stock and 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Cover with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours, until the pork is falling-apart tender. Transfer to a dish; keep warm. Strain the liquid, return to the casserole and reduce by half over moderately high heat. Season with salt and pepper, add to the pork and serve with chimichurri.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.