- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound brown lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the bacon, onion, carrot and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lentils, water and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover partially and simmer over very low heat until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir the goat cheese into the lentils and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the walnuts and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.