- 4 thick slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, stems and inner ribs discarded, leaves coarsely chopped, washed and dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
How to make this recipe
In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon in the oil over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels, leaving the fat in the skillet. Coarsely chop the bacon.
Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and toss until slightly wilted. Stir in the vinegar, cover and cook over high heat until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped bacon and serve.