Braised Kale With Bacon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 4 thick slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, stems and inner ribs discarded, leaves coarsely chopped, washed and dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon in the oil over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels, leaving the fat in the skillet. Coarsely chop the bacon.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and toss until slightly wilted. Stir in the vinegar, cover and cook over high heat until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped bacon and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.