Photo © James Baigrie
Braised Greens with Tomatoes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Recipe Tips from F&W Editors
More Greens Recipes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 pounds sturdy greens, such as chard, mustard greens, kale or young collards—stems and inner ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the greens, season with salt and pepper and toss to wilt. Stir in the tomatoes, water and vinegar, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender and the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Make AheadThe greens can be refrigerated overnight.