- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Top Chef Masters winner Floyd Cardoz flavors tender braised escarole with fragrant ginger and cumin seeds.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried chipotle chile
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 heads of escarole, cleaned
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the mustard seeds and cook until they pop. Add the cumin seeds, chipotle chile, onion and ginger and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the escarole and chicken stock and simmer until the escarole is tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.