- SERVINGS: 4
If you have your grill going, you can braise the endives in a roasting pan or in 2 skillets set over a low fire.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 8 Belgian endives, halved lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a simmer to dissolve the sugar, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Brush a large flameproof roasting pan with olive oil and arrange the endives in the pan, cut side up. Pour the sugar syrup over the endives and season with salt and pepper. Dot the endives with the butter. Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the endives are tender when pierced with a knife. Discard the foil. Set the pan on 2 burners and simmer over moderate heat until the liquid begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.