- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts only, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 pounds tender-skinned cucumbers—peeled in stripes, halved, seeded and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the leek and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until tender, 4 minutes. Stir in the cucumbers, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter and the water. Season with salt. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the cucumbers are crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderately high heat until any liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Transfer the cucumbers to a bowl, stir in the dill and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.