- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 small shallots, halved lengthwise and root ends left intact
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 thyme sprig
- In a medium, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the carrots and shallots and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and thyme. Cover and simmer over low heat until the carrots are very tender and lightly glazed, about 25 minutes. Discard the thyme. Spoon the carrots into a bowl and serve.