- 12 pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the pearl onions and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Peel the onions, leaving the root end intact.
- In a medium, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the pearl onions and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and chicken broth, cover and simmer over moderate heat until the peas are tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the mint and chives, season with salt and pepper and serve.