- 5 pounds medium unpeeled sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup good-quality bourbon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times and roast them in a large nonstick roasting pan for about 1 hour, or until soft and browned on the bottom. Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove the skin, leaving as much caramelized flesh as possible. Cut the potatoes into large chunks and transfer to a food processor. Add the lemon juice and zest, season with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, combine the bourbon and brown sugar and bring just to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and stir until blended.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.