Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Lightly salted pecans give this ice cream an extra dimension that adding salt can't equal. If you want the nuts to stay crisp, add them at the same time you stir in the bourbon.
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups broken pecan pieces (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or Tennessee whiskey
- Microwave Fudge Sauce
- In a large food processor, combine the half-and-half, brown sugar and granulated sugar and blend for 2 minutes, or until the sugars are thoroughly dissolved. Stir in the pecan pieces and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions until moderately set. Stir in the bourbon and continue freezing until the ice cream is firm. Serve immediately with Microwave Fudge Sauce, or pack the ice cream into an airtight container, cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 days.