Bourbon, Orange and Molasses Rub
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup
Plus: Grilling Recipes and Tips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, 3 minutes. Add the bourbon and carefully ignite it. Add the orange juice, molasses, vinegar, orange zest, thyme, cinnamon and salt and simmer over moderate heat until reduced to a scant cup, 15 minutes. Let cool.
NotesOne Serving: 215 cal, 7.2 gm fat, 0.5 gm saturated fat, 21 gm carb, 1 gm fiber.
Grill Match: Pork, duck breasts.