Bok Choy with Black Bean Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 to 4
Stir-fry bok choy, carrots and celery for just a couple minutes before adding a simple black bean sauce in this quick dish.
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- Trim the ends of the bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the carrots and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the celery, black bean sauce, and bok choy. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the bok choy is just wilted. Serve warm.