Boiled Potatoes with Sage Butter
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Sage lovers will adore this recipe, which is superb for breakfast or brunch, especially with a side of eggs.
- 1 pound small, round new potatoes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup small sage leaves
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage links
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and halve the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the sage and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the sage butter into a small bowl. Add the sausages to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until golden and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Add the reserved 3 tablespoons of sage butter to the skillet. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir until warmed through. Top the sausages with the potatoes, garnish with scallions and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.