- 12 bacon slices (12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon black olive paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 12 slices peasant bread, toasted
- 1 bunch of arugula (5 ounces), large stems discarded
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
In a large skillet or a microwave oven, cook half of the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes; drain. Repeat with the remainder of the bacon.
Stir together the mayonnaise, olive paste and vinegar. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on 6 of the bread slices, layer the bacon, arugula and tomatoes on top and sandwich with the remaining slices of bread.