Blueberry-Peach Tequila Popsicles
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 popsicles
- 2 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- Puree the peaches in a food processor. Strain the puree into a bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the tequila and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Pour 3 tablespoons of the puree into four 5-ounce popsicle molds or paper cups. Freeze until almost firm, about 25 minutes. Poke a popsicle stick into the center of each.
- Meanwhile, puree the blueberries in a food processor. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of tequila and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the blueberry puree into each mold and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until almost firm, about 25 minutes. Pour the remaining peach puree on top and freeze until almost firm, about 25 minutes. Finish with a blueberry layer and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Unmold and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.