Blueberry Muffins with Banana Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12 muffins
These muffins are crisp on top with light, fluffy centers and plenty of big juicy blueberries. They’re terrific spread with sweet, creamy banana butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 very ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- MAKE THE MUFFINS Preheat the oven to 375° and fill 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the butter with the milk, both sugars, lemon zest and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden. Let cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the muffins and let cool on a rack.
- MAKE THE BANANA BUTTER In a food processor, puree the butter, banana, lemon juice and salt. Serve with the muffins.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. The butter can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.