- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the berries start to release their juices, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- Set a medium strainer over a heatproof bowl. In a heavy saucepan, whisk the eggs with the granulated sugar, lemon zest and juice. Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until warm, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter, then continue to cook until just thickened and hot to the touch, about 5 minutes longer. Immediately strain the lemon curd into the bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the curd to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and whip until the cream forms stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the lemon curd.
- Divide the blueberry compote between 10 parfait or other tall glasses. Top with the lemon cream. Cover the parfaits and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
The blueberry compote and lemon curd can be refrigerated separately overnight.